[ music ] Sognando by Don Bucky. A song about mental health under censura

 


In 1971 Don Backy composed "Sognando", a difficult song on the theme of mental illness, which did not convince the record companies to let him record it. In 1978 he succeeded, inserting the song in the experimental musical comic comedy (another of his impromptu initiatives), which also bears the title: "Sognando". The song was recorded - in the same year - in a superlative way also by Mina. "Sognando" then also becomes a comic strip created by the singer-songwriter himself.




Here is the text:

DREAMING

I sit there and absent
With a hat on his forehead
and strange things that go through my mind.
I'd have a urge to scream
But I don't understand for what purpose
Then all of a sudden I cry a little
And I laugh like it's a game
If I hear voices, I don't answer
I live in a strange world
where there are few problems
Where people don't have patterns
I have no future and no present
And I live now eternally
My past is now distant from me

But I've got everything I need
Not even the sea in its casket
He's got those things that I dream of
And I don't understand why I'm crying
I don't know what love is
And I don't know the heartbeat
For me, women represent
Who cares for me and supports me
But every once in a while I feel that
The Black Claws of the Night
They make me do inaccurate actions
All of a sudden I hear that voice
And here begins my cross
I'd like to forget and remember
My mind is about to burst
And I smash everything I find
And then I'll try to finish it
There's no hope for me anyway
To ever leave this room
On top of a squeaky lounger
In this hallucinatory place
I often try to fly in the sky
I don't know what harm I can do
If I'm just trying to fly
I don't understand my guardians
'Cause they tie my hands
And at all costs they want
You wear a lab coat for me
Arms back hard I push
And at this point I'm always crying

My god what a big messAnd what a magnificent sight
A clear shadow crosses my mind
Hands hard now I bite
And for a moment I remember
That a time perhaps not so long ago
Someone told me I love you
In a farewell, the voice faded
A peace descended upon the soul
And that's how from that day on
I'm sitting and standing here.




Nel 1971 Don Backy compone “Sognando” un brano difficile sul tema del disagio mentale, che non convince i discografici affinchè gliela lascino incidere. Nel 1978 ci riesce, inserendo il brano nella sperimentale commedia musicale a fumetti (un'altra delle sue estemporanee iniziative), che ne porta anche il titolo: “Sognando”. La canzone viene incisa - nello stesso anno - in modo superlativo anche da Mina. “Sognando” diventa poi anche un fumetto realizzato dallo stesso cantautore


Ulteriori info qui https://lottangolo.blog/2021/05/26/sognando/

Eccone il testo:


SOGNANDO

Me ne sto lì seduto e assente

con un cappello sulla fronte

e cose strane che mi passan per la mente.

Avrei una voglia di gridare

ma non capisco a quale scopo

poi d'improvviso piango un poco

e rido quasi fosse un gioco

Se sento voci non rispondo

io vivo in uno strano mondo

dove ci son pochi problemi

dove la gente non ha schemi

Non ho futuro nè presente

e vivo adesso eternamente

il mio passato è ormai per me distante

Ma ho tutto quello che mi serve

nemmeno il mare nel suo scrigno

ha quelle cose che io sogno

e non capisco perché piango

Non so che cosa sia l'amore

e non conosco il batticuore

per me la donna rappresenta

chi mi accudisce e mi sostenta

Ma ogni tanto sento che

gli artigli neri della notte

mi fanno fare azioni non esatte

D'un tratto sento quella voce

e qui comincia la mia croce

vorrei scordare e ricordare

la mente mia sta per scoppiare

E spacco tutto quel che trovo

ed a finirla poi ci provo

tanto per me non c'è speranza

di uscire mai da questa stanza

Sopra un lettino cigolante

in questo posto allucinante

io cerco spesso di volare nel cielo

Non so che male posso fare

se cerco solo di volare

io non capisco i miei guardiani

perché mi legano le mani

E a tutti costi voglion che

indossi un camice per me

le braccia indietro forte spingo

e a questo punto sempre piango

Mio dio che grande confusione

e che magnifica visione

un'ombra chiara mi attraversa la mente

Le mani forte adesso mordo

e per un attimo ricordo

che un tempo forse non lontano

qualcuno mi diceva t'amo

In un addio svanì la voce

scese nell'animo una pace

ed è così che da quel dì

io son seduto e fermo qui.






Post a Comment

0 Comments